Subject: FTP Images
From: Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 1994 00:41:12 -0700 (MST)

I sent the following message about a week ago, but I haven't seen
it on the list yet, so unless I blinked, it must have gotten lost.
Here it is again...

I've put four image files in the tomahawk framestores directory:

   ftp tomahawk.welch.jhu.edu
   cd pub/LW/framestores

   cloud.lha      nuclear weapon test simulation
   dna.lha        ball-and-stick DNA molecule and base pairs
   eclipse.lha    solar eclipse simulation (moon's shadow on earth)
   rgbyiq.lha     RGB versus NTSC color spaces

These are all examples of scientific visualization using LightWave.
The images come with notes explaining what they represent and where
to find the information they're based on.  I'm a better programmer
than I am an artist, so the emphasis here is technical--the most
dramatic image in this group, in my opinion, is the one I didn't
create myself.

- Ernie